Get Ready to Walk At the end of your sales meeting or call...
What is it?
Sales automation is the use of software to fully or semi-automate key tasks before during and after a sale. A few years ago sales automation meant whatever you could push your CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to do. But in the same way that Marketing has been transformed in recent years by the likes of Eloqua, Mail Chimp, Campaign Monitor, Pardot etc., Sales is now being revolutionised by a new generation of software applications optimised for us, sales people.
With Sales automation you are able to more quickly perform routine sales tasks like:
- Serving up the right sales tools at the right point in the sales cycle such as the right proposal template with key data fields (like customer name) all pre-populated
- Analytics-driven account and opportunity qualification
- Customer and contact management
- Monitoring the effectiveness of customer interactions
- Contact management
- Sales order processing and tracking
- Team-wide knowledge sharing
- Sales forecast analysis